Saturday, June 25, 2011

Week the Fourth.


Looking a tad ambivalent, no?

So, here is Jim, four weeks old and beginning to dwarf the bear. I have no idea how much he weighs now, but I'd be very surprised if it's much less than ten pounds. It'd better not be much less than ten, anyway, given how much the little *redacted* eats.


He's actually not as massive as the picture makes it seem. I just accidentally took it vertically and had to zoom in overly close to crop it to the right aspect ratio. Ah, the trials and tribulations of a slightly anal collage-compiler...

Events of note this week:

  • He smiles now! He's rather miserly with the grins, to be sure, but they do exist and they're not just gas. I've been suspecting it for a while, but he confirmed it Wednesday when Noah was making faces and tickling him. Ever since then we've been embarrassing ourselves regularly with ridiculous faces and absurd voices on the off chance that Jim will deign to show amusement. Maybe one time in twenty he'll respond with "Fine, okay, :D. But don't get used to it." I haven't succeeded in getting a picture of a Jim-smile yet, but rest assured it's the most adorable open-mouthed gummy thing ever.
  • We took Jim on a nice long hike today (the same trail on which I crippled myself a week or two before going into labor), and he was not at all a pain in the ass. I got to try out the new ring sling, Noah brought some water (very necessary - Georgia is hotter than the sun) and spare diapers (unnecessary - he slept the whole time), and a good time was had by all.

Super-awesome hiking preview picture! Aren't you excited to see the rest?

  • Not much else! Uh... we learned a new breastfeeding position and it's my new best friend (side-lying, for the curious)? He continues to have a vocabulary consisting entirely of "Eh!" but shows signs of possibly learning "Ooh!" soon? His cheeks grow chubbier by the day? Really, not much else to report. Have patience.



Extra-special bonus picture!

2 comments:

Jim's Ma said...

*Sighs with longing* GREAT pics, Leah. I can show these to my friends at work while bragging of Jim's latest exploits. Ma needs a picture of him smiling...

Oma said...

I concur with Sissy. Jim, Oma says lay off the tit and stop growing so fast, you'll be too big to hold before I even get there! Jim looks like he's trying to figure out how that funny looking man can be his Daddy. I think he's been talking to Noah's friends and is scared!