Sunday, November 20, 2011

Jim goes outside.


It's a lot harder to sit on a hill.

Apparently kids like being outside. I know, weird, right? But they do. Or at least Jim does. He gets all cantankerous if he's cooped up indoors all day, so lately I've been following my mom's advice and making sure he gets outside for half an hour or more each day, regardless of weather, just to get him some fresh air and keep him happy. Note: This whole yay-outside-in-November thing works much better in Georgia than it does in, say, Minnesota.


Jim surveys his domain.

The only real issue we've run into is that he's no longer a fan of staying in one position and in one place. He likes to roll over, pull up grass, cram leaves in his mouth, and go crawling off into the wild blue yonder. That last bit doesn't work out so well for him, though, not when it's approaching winter and the vegetation is all dead and prickly.


Jim's opinion of hands contacting pokey brown grass.

And yeah, I know, I'm very cruel for taking pictures of his suffering instead of saving him immediately. Builds character, y'know. Anyway, Jim's a brave lad. Once rescued from the merciless lawn, he's inevitably cheerful and ready to resume eating spiders and staring down the sun. (oh hey, eating! reminds me I need to post about that soon - stay tuned, comrades)


Mugging for the camera.

4 comments:

Charlie W. said...

That's funny, Leah, how his little face runs the gamut of the emotional spectrum...

Leah said...

Yeah, I love it. Confused horror, followed by absolute misery, followed by trembling hope.

Maureen Payne said...

He really ate a spider, too bad he can't talk much on the flavor. He is very much a percicious boy, the sun and fresh air is good for him, do you have to slather him with sunscreen or his pretty good about not burning. Most of my sisters all had to wear sunscreen even in winter, this irish skin is just too sensitive.

Leah said...

He seems to be pretty good in the sun, but I don't keep him in it long, so I'm not sure. Noah and I both tend to tan quickly, so I don't think he'll burn too easily.