Monday, May 9, 2011

Fanfare, etc.

How far along? 37 weeks.
Total weight gain/loss: Up a pound or two from last week, so 37ish.
Maternity clothes? Yep. More dresses. Can't understand why anyone would voluntarily choose to wear pants in the summer.
Stretch marks? Yeah, but I don't think they're too bad... Of course, I can't see the bottom part of my belly with anything approaching clarity, so I guess I'll see how things look once he's out.
Sleep: Getting harder. I generally go to bed around 10, fall asleep around midnight after several bathroom trips, wake up at 1:30, 2:30, 3:30, 4:30, and 7 to pee, and finally groggily drag myself from bed at 9. So, I call that maybe 5 hours of sleep for 11 hours of bedtime. I find it hard to believe that I'll actually get less sleep once James is here, but I'm always open to surprises.
Best moment this week: Despite the whining (and my inability to even stand up straight today), I highly enjoyed yesterday's walk.
Movement: Lots, usually last thing before bed and first thing in the morning.
Food cravings: Fruit. I got some fresh pineapple which is wonderful.
Gender: He. Er. Han.
Labor Signs: Had some bizarrely-intense downward pressure the other night - not sure what that was about. Otherwise, nothing.
Belly Button in or out? In-between. The edges kind of stick out, but the rest is still in.
What I miss: My real clothes.
What I am looking forward to: Bedtime.
Weekly Wisdom: Maybe hold the hikes to an hour or so in the future...
Milestones: Jim is full-term today! Still three weeks to go until his due date (and hopefully he'll stay put for a couple of days after that, too), but technically he can come any time between now and June 13th (42 weeks is all my doctor is comfortable with).

2 comments:

YoMama said...

Weah! Mommy loves you.

Oma said...

At least you'll be breast feeding so the middle of the night won't be too bothersome and Noah let me sleep three hours in a row at night before needing to eat, unlike the every two hours during the day.