Monday, December 6, 2010

15 weeks and a visit to the midwife.

Yarrgh. Things are hectic. This is the last week of school, and I have a ton of stuff to grade (plus my own work for classes), have to write a final, give the final, grade the final, and then move to Georgia. Crazy. At least we're getting some stuff done. Noah found us an awesome house to live in, and it's an amazing relief to have that taken care of. I didn't honestly realize how much it was worrying me until it was done. Now the only thing to do really is get a car (and get married, if possible, but that might have to wait until after I get moved down for real).

I went to my last midwife visit here on Friday. It was extremely uneventful - I didn't even have to take off my underoos! It was almost disappointing. We talked about the NT scan and I got the go-ahead to go have some blood drawn whenever I feel like it (probably tomorrow), and then we listened to Buckethead's heartbeat (160), and that was it.



How far along? 15 weeks.
Total weight gain/loss: Dropped last week's pound, so up five pounds total.
Maternity clothes? I tried - I really did. I went looking for maternity clothes Saturday because the situation is getting pretty dire. Alas, all pregnant women are apparently six feet tall, because all pants were far too long. Dresses were an acceptable length, but they all made me look like I'm about to give birth at any second. I don't think I'm at peace with the baby belly yet. So I didn't buy anything and went home cranky.
Stretch marks? Nope.
Sleep: Okay. I've settled into a nice routine of only waking up once per night to pee, so that's an improvement.
Best moment this week: Knowing that we're not going to have to live in a cardboard box in front of Fort Gordon.
Movement: Undetectable disco party?
Food cravings: Water. I feel like a camel (with the hump on the wrong side).
Gender: I don't know. I'm trying to talk Noah into going to a private ultrasound place as soon as I get to Georgia so we can see what it is.
Labor Signs: Nope.
Belly Button in or out? In.
What I miss: Clothes that fit.
What I am looking forward to: Moving! (Or, more accurately, being moved! Moving itself is going to suck.)
Weekly Wisdom: Dressing room panic attacks don't help anything.
Milestones: Going to the doctor and not showing anyone my vagina.

5 comments:

Oma said...

The house definitely sounds better than a cardboard box-and you'll have room to put up all us visiting relatives!(yippee!?!) Wait for insurance before the ultrasound-little bucket won't change his mind before you can find out. Good luck moving, wish I could help.

Kevin said...

In my day, we lived in the middle of the road!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo

TeamOSM said...

When is your arrival date to be in Georgia?! I will drive all day if I have to so we can get coffee. Or, you know, the pregnant equivalent of coffee. Which is definitely not tequila.

OR IS IT?

=D

Anonymous said...

Kim "Ben's Mom" here - As far as maternity clothes go you might find it just as useful to shop in regular stores for larger sizes and loose fitting clothing. Often they "try too hard" with the maternity wear. It was hard to find things that I would have worn under normal circumstances :). The best maternity item I owned were my maternity jeans that had extension snaps on the side. The did have an elastic waistband but just for comfort not for "stretch".

TeamOSM said...

Been thinking about you. Hope all is well. Drop me an email and let me know how things are! lmiddle at gmail dot com.