Saturday, September 21, 2013

V-day!

How far along? 24 weeks.
Total weight gain/loss: Up eight pounds. Weight gain is finally starting now that the morning sickness has tapered off.
Maternity clothes? Need more. I have one pair of jeans, two dresses, and about five shirts that I can wear.
Stretch marks? No new ones.
Sleep: Awful! Horrible, wretched, miserable, etc. At least 3 pee breaks per night and a sore back in the morning. Sigh.
Best moment this week: NOT peeing my pants when Jim and Lottie pounced on my bladder simultaneously from opposite sides. Major victory, I say.
Movement: Tons of it, and very vigorous. I swear this girl is trying to claw her way out through my cervix right now.
Food cravings: Sweet things of all sorts. Anything from oranges to cheesecake.
Gender: Girl! Checked and double-checked. :)
Labor Signs: A couple Braxton-Hicks contractions every day.
Belly Button in or out? In.
What I miss: Having a bladder somewhat larger than an eyedropper.
What I am looking forward to: Finally getting that fetal echo done (scheduled for October 9th now - we'll see if they change it).
Milestones: Viability! At 24 weeks, Lottie would have a decent chance of survival if she decided to come out early. Mildly reassuring.

Jjim's 24-week update, for the sake of comparison.

1 comment:

Oma said...

I thought I was having Rosemary's baby when I was pregnant with Noah. Swore that child had claws in there. I feel for you. Happy thought-more than half way through! Love you all.